-2.5 lbs coarse ground chuck
-1/2 lb. ground pork
-2 c. chopped onion
-1.5 celery stalks, chopped (about 2/3 c.)
-3 Tbs. butter
-2 tsp. salt
-1.5 tsp. black pepper
-1 Tbs. Worcestshire sauce
-1/2 c. tomato ketchup
-1 c. stuffing mix
-2 large eggs, lightly beaten
-1/3 c. fresh minced parsley or 2 Tbs. dried parsley
-Purchased marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven for 350 F. Combine the ground chick and pork in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Microwave the onion and celery with butter for 3 minutes on HIGH (100 % power). Add seasonings and Worcestshire sauce and microwave an additional 30 seconds.
3. Add onion mixture, ketchup, stuffing mix, eggs and parsley to the meat mixture and mix until well combined. Divide between 2 loaf pans or 5 mini loaf pans.
4. Bake large pans for 1 hours, 15 to 20 minutes; mini pans, 1 hour. If frozen, thaw first and bake as directed.
5. Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes, covered, then drain rendered juices and transfer the loaf to a serving platter.
6. Add about 1/4 cup of the meat juices to the marinara sauce, and serve with the meat loaf.
Makes 10 servings.
I used Stove Top (herb something or other) for the stuffing mix. I added in an extra 1/2 a celery stick, so it had just a tidbit more than in the recipe. I don’t have a loaf or mini loaf pan (YET!!!), so I put these in paper cupcake liners in 2 (12 c.) muffin tins. 1 (12 c.) tin I baked as directed, and the other I froze (removing the cups after freezing and placing in freezer bags) for a later dinner. Meat muffins!
It might be trashy, but I don’t care-I just had a little bit of ketchup on the side and skipped the marinara sauce!
I thought this recipe was lovely.